Q I. Please convert following sentences into passive voice
1. We saw you.
Answer: You were seen by us.
2. They asked me my hometown.
Answer: I was asked about my hometown by them.
3. We refused them entry to the school.
Answer: They were refused entry to the school by us.
4. I bought a toy for my daughter.
Answer: A toy was bought by me for my daughter.
For my daughter a toy was bought by me.
5. They held him guilty for the theft.
Answer: He was held guilty for theft by them.
6. You cannot take out all the water from river.
Answer: All the water from riven cannot be taken out.
7. They saw the approaching car.
Answer: Approaching car was seen by them.
8. The painted the temple yellow.
Answer: The temple was painted yellow by them.
9. The boss ordered me to leave the office.
Answer: I was ordered by the boss to leave the office.
10. My husband promised to give me a present.
Answer: I was promised by my husband to give me a present.
A present was promised to me by my husband.
Q II. Please convert following sentences into active voice
1. She was praised by her mother.
Answer: Her mother praised her.
2. The first toy was brought by my grandfather.
Answer: My grandfather brought the first toy.
3. The child was frightened by the loud noise.
Answer: Loud noise frightened the child.
4. Not an objection was raised by the supervisor.
Answer: Supervisor did not raise any objection.
5. He was taken to the hospital by his friends.
Answer: His friends took him to hospital.
6. The town was submerged by a sudden flood.
Answer: A sudden flood submerged the town.
7. This novel was written by RK Laxman
Answer: RK Laxman wrote this novel.
8. The king was welcomed by his ministers.
Answer: His ministers welcomed the king.
9. I was surprised by his lazy appearance.
Answer: His lazy appearance surprised me.
10. In this factory cars are being built by robots.
Answer: Robots are building cars in this factory.