Q I. Please convert following sentences into indirect speech
1. Rita explained, “I have completed cooking.”
2. Son said, “Father appreciates me.”
3. Rohit said to Sunil, “You are a strong person.”
4. Ram said to me, “She is coming today.”
5. John informed everybody, “Tom may reach tomorrow.”
6. The team felt, “The weather was better today.”
7. Aakash informed, “I went to my home town yesterday.”
8. I asked my friend, “Where do you live.”
9. The thief said to the judge, “Please grant me pardon.”
10. He said to his son, “May you always remain healthy.”
Q II. Read the conversation below and complete the paragraph that follows
Owner : Why are you putting wax on car tyres?
Driver : It makes these last for more time and prevents from drying.
Owner : Is it like applying lotion on your skin? (he has asked jokingly)
Driver : Yes. I think now you have understood.
Owner asked driver (a) ________. Driver explained that (b) _________. Owner jokingly asked driver (c) _________. Driver agreed and responded that (d) ____________.