ARTICLE WRITING TIPS
An Article is a short essay written on a particular topic or theme. It expresses opinion of writer. One can quote several facts or instances to support the view expressed in the article. Therefore content and expression are of paramount importance in writing an article. It presents an opportunity to use one’s own creative style of writing.
Article writing can be for a school magazine or for a newspaper. The concept is identical in both cases. There is a minor difference in the format which is explained below in point number 2.
Format of the article writing
1. Give a suitable title to the article in not more than five words. Make it as short as possible. The first letter of each word is to be written as capital letter. This is to be written at the centre.
2. (a) If the article is for school magazine write your name and class (as given in the question) in the second line of the report at the centre. If name is not given in the question, write XYZ as your name.
(b) If the article is for a newspaper write your name and / or designation (as given the question) in the second line of the report at the centre. If name is not given in the question, write XYZ as your name. In the third line at the left corner mention the date of writing the article.
3. The article must have three para as a minimum.
4. Para 1 – An introduction of the topic is given in this para. A brief description of the theme can be given. Present status or condition can also be written briefly.
5. Para 2 and 3 – In these paras various aspects of the topic are discussed and its effect is analysed / presented. The emotional / environmental / social implications can be expressed.
6. Use one para to elaborate one aspect. This helps you in writing to the point without much deviation.
7. Para 4 – Please give your conclusion and suggestions in this para. The last sentence should be a logical expression of aspects discussed. Thus the end would not appear abrupt.
8. Systematic presentation of ideas having a nice flow of language is must.
8. Use simple words and short sentences.
10. Be close to the word limit prescribed.